As the first in his family to attend college and raised by a single mother, Dan saw firsthand how quality affordable housing helped my family survive health shocks and access good schools.
He is passionate about how quality housing, transit, and education can be advanced by focusing on people, policy, and technology.
* Product - Dan had the privilege of being Toyota's Startup & Go Winner and an MIT100K & Harvard President’s Challenge finalist for a startup helping people build living communities from the bottom up. Emergency Medicine Innovators Finalist for Frontline Suits.
* Content - FastCompany, TechCrunch, CNN, Harvard Business Review, O'Reilly, Oxford University Press, Bloomberg, Cell Press Patterns, Brookings Institute, Forbes, and The Hill published my work related to inclusive cities and data strategy.
* Research - For his research on the organizational dynamics of urban innovation, Dan was selected as a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow and Fulbright Scholar.
* Public Speaking - Dan has presented at Harvard Business School, Asian Development Bank, the Global UNESCO Forum, AI World, All Tech Is Human, and Compliance Week in front of audiences ranging up to 700 people.
* Leadership - Dan has been selected as a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, a USA Today All-USA Academic 1st Team Member, Committee of 100 Next Generation Fellow, and a Rhodes and Marshall Scholar Finalist.
* Advocacy - While an elected L.A. Neighborhood Council board member, Dan co-founded and led a nonprofit that advocated for equitable urban development around my university.